Big news coming from the console gaming , Sony has officially launched PS4 5.0 new update which is available to everyone. This update 5.0 for PS4 is focused on lot on improvements to old system functionality and additional new features for gamers.
Patch size for the update 5.0 is 375 MB and now it is mandatory to update it to PS4 5.0 update
Highlight of the new PS4 5.0 Update-
- PS4 PRO uses can now stream in 1080p and 60 Fps with better internet connection.
- PSVR users can now see incoming messages and comments through broadcasting.
- PSVR is also adding 5.1ch and 7.1ch virtual surround sound support.
- PS4 has added a feature for friend list to separate your friends and customize your friend list for example you can have list of friends playing call of duty and Destiny. This feature will replace the old favorite group feature.
- Quick Menu is tweaked and updated with additional features so you can simultaneously check for your downloads as well as party invites at a moment. You can manage multiples things at the same moment now
- Now you can disable notification and messages while watching movies / youtube as well as change the colour of the notification.
- Most importantly the Parential Control feature replaces the Old master/sub system with one user being set up as Family Manager and he/she can set up accounts and assign the role as parents/guardians/adult/child.
Parents/Guardians can restrict account on the bases of use and communication with players with restriction to games, internet browsing and use of PlayStation Store.
Sony also said that for people setting up Adult account for first time would be charged 50 cents (0.50 dolars ) to verify you as an adult. For the Sony PSVR , a new model has been revealed . The new version contains a streamlined cable layout and the ability to watch HDR content on your TV without having to disconnect the PSVR’s processor unit. Release date is not announced but the price will remain the same.
PS4 Update 5.0 Patch Notes
- You can now add users of your PS4 as family members. This makes it easy to manage your child’s account information and to restrict PS4 features. To add family members, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management].
- As the family manager, you can set up your family.
- Up to seven family members (including you) can be in your family and use online features.
- Multiple adults can be in your family. The family manager can make other adults in the family parents or guardians. The family manager and family members who are parents or guardians can adjust parental controls for the children in your family.
- You can configure parental control settings for each child. Using parental controls, you can restrict use of online features and communication with other players, set restrictions for games, restrict use of the Internet browser, and set spending limits for PlayStation Store.
- You can configure parental controls anytime from your PC or smartphone.
- You can now follow anyone, not just verified accounts. Select (Follow) on a person’s profile screen, and their activities and broadcasts will appear in [What’s New]. You automatically follow your Friends, but you have the option to unfollow them.
- Recommendations for who to follow are now offered based on the games you play. Select (Friends) > (Follow).
- You can now choose who can follow you and who can see your follow list. Select (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Privacy Settings], and then configure each setting.
- (Custom Lists) has been added to (Friends). Create custom lists to easily organize your Friends and choose players to send messages or game invitations to.
- For certain broadcasts, (Communities) now appears on the (Live from PlayStation) viewing screen. To access the broadcaster’s community, select (Communities).
- You can now view (Notifications) on the quick menu.
- The following languages have been added as system languages.
- Czech, Indonesian, Hungarian, Romanian, Vietnamese, Greek, Thai.
- When broadcasting PlayStation VR gameplay, you can now see spectator comments on your VR headset screen.
Other Features In Version 5.00
- For (Messages), screen layout has been improved, and the following features have been added.
- You can now receive music that has been shared with you as a message. Select the message to play the music.
- Messages containing a URL now display a preview.
- The following features have been added to the quick menu.
- You can now select [Leave This Party] to leave the party.
- You can now see albums and playlists for songs playing in Spotify.
- A clock has been added.
- The following features have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications].
- You can now disable pop-up notifications during video playback.
- You can now choose the color of pop-up notifications.
- You can now choose to show or hide message details in notifications.
- You can now choose to broadcast in 1080p (60 fps) when using Twitch on your PlayStation 4 Pro.
- You can now enjoy Blu-ray Disc and DVD content in virtual surround sound when you connect headphones to PlayStation VR.